Information for individuals wishing to help at Tower Farm in a voluntary capacity
Tower Farm is supportive of people wishing to increase their equestrian knowledge by helping on yards with the horses. We wish to make this a safe and enjoyable experience for all parties. Please adhere to the following.
- Helpers must be regular riders, capable of cantering and of senior school age.
- All helpers must have a completed form in the office signed by parent/guardian. Download Helpers Form.
- Helpers are not supervised at all times and we are not a child care facility, helpers must not be on yards when no staff members are present (its your responsibility to check times).
- Please do not bring any valuables to stables and keep mobiles/money on your person.
- We will not tolerate bullying of any kind. Tower Farm has a Child Protection Policy in place.
- The horses must be respected and everything done to ensure their welfare is always priority.
- No helpers should undertake any task they feel uncomfortable doing. Any health and safety issues you feel need to be addressed report immediately to a member of staff.
- Helpers must always were safe clothing around the yard: trainers are prohibited and riding hats are strongly advised to be worn at anytime there is contact with the horses. Please have a set of spare clothes at stables and rain jacket.
- Mobile phones are not allowed to be used in yard and definitely not when helping lead in lessons.
- Helpers are asked to not to post any negative comments or images from their time at Tower Farm on any social media.
- Helpers must not enter stables/fields without permission and must never go to fields alone.
- There is often machinery working around the yard. Please be very respectful of their presence
- By signing the attached form parents are consenting to their children being driven occasionally in Tower Farm vehicles.
- Any incident/accident must be reported immediately to a member of staff and then logged in either the incident or accident book.
Above all we want Tower Farm to be a fun and safe place for people to increase their equestrian knowledge. Your choice to help is entirely voluntary but we do appreciate every individuals input.
Download Helpers Form